1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Do Pro Wings Fit On A Hiniker Straight

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by rredd13, Jan 10, 2008.

1. rredd13

rredd13 Member
    from ontario

HELLO GUYS ..... I am wondering if pro wings will fit on a hiniker 8ft straight blade?
    Also are the curved ahead somewhat to carry snow ? ...like the scoop plow.
    Are they worth the money?

2. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

I would think you should be able to at least make them fit. There maybe some mods to the wings etc... but there is a guy around here that has wings on a 7'6" Hiniker straight blade
  3. DUMZ

DUMZ Senior Member

I got them on mine. Work great. They are set at 22* or soming like that but yes they help scoop the snow. Also when rolling snow it allows you to use the whole blade (you dont get the tail off the leading edge). You can get them for $150-200. I wouldn't go back to strait blade without them.
  4. Duncan90si

Duncan90si Senior Member

Your welcome.
  5. sweetlou48096

sweetlou48096 Junior Member
    from 48096

Go with the HINIKER box ends. They are not attached firmly to the blade like the pro wings, So if you
    hit something really hard, the pins will snap and you will not ruin you pushing blade. The box ends do
    spread out with the spring design to make it somewhat like the design of the scoop....
  6. HinikerPrototyp

HinikerPrototyp Member

Hiniker box ends do hold the snow well i havent had them on my rigs but have seen them running in test. I have prowings on some of mine and actually i have welded the outside mounting pins right to the moldboard, its nice having that rubber edge to guide up against the concrete curb or its also nice when we plow side by side and hook our rubber wings together taking a 20 foot pass on light snow falls.