1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Do plow trucks and remote starters mix?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by z71Worker, Nov 26, 2004.

1. z71Worker

z71Worker Member

Maybe its a silly question.. but what are your experience's with remote starters on your plow trucks? any conflicts i should watchout for? :waving:
  2. Robber80

Robber80 Member
    from Vermont

i have a 04 f350 with a deisel and a standard tranny. i have a flisher plow and remote starter. everything works perfect. plus you can set a timer on the remote starter to start every 1, 2, 3, or 4 hours. or you can buy a temperter senser and it will start when it gets cold.
  3. golfmanres

golfmanres Senior Member

Remote Start problem with 02 DMAX

Has anyone had a problem with a remote start on an Dmax? We have an 02 2500hd Dmax that all we have is problems from the remote start. It was professionally installed by Meyer Emco. IT is a DEI Valet Remote Start. First time the guy didnt hook it up to the Wait to start light. Second time it was in the shop (dealer) he had to replace the complete wiring harness under the dash. Third time we took it back to Meyer Emco where they put Diode in and it works better. It failed after three months the other day, I pulled the Ignition B fuse then it fired right up. When it fails the engine will crank but wont turn over. Any Suggestions? It was in the shop (dealer) on tuesday Nov 23rd and they said it looks as if the remote start is conflicting with the Dmax. Anyone have the same problems? What is the fix for this problem? Is it the Dmax or the remote start? Any known problems with powerstrokes and cummins with remote starts?
  4. avalancheplow

avalancheplow Senior Member

Remote starters don't have any effect on the plow. So the question is do they affect your vehicle. In the end it depends on brand and the installer. golfmanres one of your problems might be its a DEI. I was a installer for a while and my friend is still a MECP certified installer and DEI brings only problems. The Units he uses is called astrostart. He gives a lifetime warranty on the product and installation. He has only about 1% of people comeback with problems and most of the time it is something very simple.