1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Do older rims fit on newer trucks?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by ServiceOnSite, Dec 16, 2014.

1. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

I have 2 2008 F250's and wanted to know if the older 16'' rims will fit? Very long story short, I have quite a few sets of 16'' tires and these trucks come with 17'' rims. Thanks

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Pretty sure bolt pattern changed when they went to coil springs. Could be wrong thou.

3. snopushin ford

snopushin ford Senior Member
    from mass

I believe that 17" is the smallest that will fit because of the larger brake parts that they started using in 05. I am 99.9% sure on this. Matt

4. drp

drp Senior Member
    from ontario

16s will not clear the caliper.

5. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Lug nut pattern remains the same, wheel offset changed and as mentioned brakes increased in size, 17" is smallest wheel that'll work.

6. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Thanks Buff, now to go find me some new rimz out in Colorado off a brand new truck. :laughing:

7. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

I've got a set of 9.75X16.5's off my '00 that would look great on your SD....