1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

do not trust accuweather

Discussion in 'Weather' started by TPC Services, Nov 21, 2007.

1. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

accuweather at noon to day is still not calling for any snow but NWA and locals are bumping there perdictions up to 1-3" Accweather is saying there now percep for are area, what a bunch of dum:realmad: I alway check the NWA site and it seams to be a lot more closer to there calls then any one else.
  2. jce4isu

jce4isu Senior Member

pm me that address for those town homes i already lost it thanks
  3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

WALKERS PlowSite.com Addict

5. Cassy

Cassy Senior Member

I've only had Accuweather misguide me once last year.

I really like it.
  6. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Accuweather may be right. All the weather places here and including NWA are saying that extreme southern Minnesota will have very little snow. More of an ice event for them because of the warmer temps. I guess we'll see.
  7. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

as soon as you start trusting any weather man you are asking for trouble.

I always look at everyone's predictions and compare them. Gives me way more info than trusting one of these bone-heads.
  8. 92XT

92XT Senior Member

we ran a meteorologist outa town about 6 years ago........he predicted 3 foot....we got 3/4''...word is he is returning to another local station..
  9. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

:eek: How does that work? Did he get the wrong maps on his desk one morning?

How do you go about explaining that one the following day?
  10. RJ lindblom

RJ lindblom Senior Member

Thats the honest truth.

NWS was putting estimates on our last snow. It was close enough for me. 4" on Saturday. Accuweather was forecasting snow couple days ahead of the NWS.
  11. Silentroo

Silentroo Senior Member

Last few years I tracked the sites. I took predictions 2 days out.

Accuweather was with in 3 inches
    Weather Sentury was with in 5
    NWS was (If you only took their low forecast) 15 inch high If you took their high forecast they were 28 inches high.

Yes they are all over the board on their long range. Sometimes they adjust the forecast the day of as snow starts however any of them are better than the TV/

We have a potential storm My call in service is calling for .25 of an inch (they were with in 1 inch last year.) tv 1-2 inches....