1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

"do not transport plow in speeds in excess of 40mph" - is this BS???

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by 90pioneer, Oct 28, 2011.

1. 90pioneer

90pioneer Junior Member

I really hope so because I just bought a Boss Power V for my 97 F250HD and drove it home on the highway doing about 65-70 for 15 miles.

2. theplowmeister

theplowmeister 2000 Club Member
    from MA

Lawyer speek

3. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

I've driven 100mph with mine on plenty of times...

4. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Safety precaution. I've ran down the expressway many times with plows on.

5. pooleo8

pooleo8 Senior Member

I have heard this was to protect from overheating....? idk?

6. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

We've driven 8+ hours on an interstate while towing a skid steer with a V blade on twice (well 4 times) and no issues at all.

7. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

Doubt it!...
    In fact your full of it!

Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
  8. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

And I don't like thinking my wife or family is on the road while someone is carelessly driving 100mph with an extra 1,000lbs up front just waiting to do some catastrophic damage.

9. pooleo8

pooleo8 Senior Member

^^^^THIS x100

10. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

There's probably some on here that have plowed at 40 mph:eek:

11. D&JsLawn

D&JsLawn Member

I know in NYS there is a law saying you cant go over 45 with a plow attatached

12. cubicinches

Actually, I'm very careful while I'm doing it.

BTW... Would that be any different than anyone else's wife and kids on the road while your diesels with plows that are too heavy for them, or your overloaded salters are on the road? Just checking...

Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
  13. cubicinches

Ok... 98mph. That's as fast as the new diesel seems to go. But, trust me, it's been done...

14. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

New one on me.

15. cubicinches

Me too... :confused:

16. D&JsLawn

D&JsLawn Member

Has been as far back as my dad can remember and hes 54

17. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

B/c we don't do much road driving while loaded for one, and 20-30mph is a lot different than 100. I shouldn't even have to explain the difference. And if you knew me on here or what I'm referring to, you'd know I'm being a wiseass with that statement. I'll spare the details due to your ignorance.

You won't win this battle. Not a single person on this board will agree with you thinking its ok to drive 100mph down the road, let alone loaded. It's asanine. Either you're young enough to think its cool, you're lying, or you're just an idiot.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
  18. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Charles should institute a "like this post button". Thumbs Up
    I thought about what to say on his comment of 98-100 MPH for a while and only came up with words that would get my post deleted.

I also use to be young an dumb. Had many a car from the late 60's early 70's that went that speed. Have even had my 2whl dr 94 Dodge Ram past 100 when it was new. BUT, that was always on back roads I knew well, with not a soul in sight.

I have never taken a 4x4 past 70 and certainly not with plow. In fact I try to avoid highways with the blade on because even the 55-65 MPH speed limits , I believe, are to fast for a truck set up to work snow.

I guess we can only hope he either realizes how dumb that act is or when he does go off the road into a tree or concrete pillar he is alone and no other vehicle's are involved. :dizzy:

Last edited: Oct 30, 2011
  19. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

I do the speed limit on the highways with plow on. Don't want to get run over by the big rigs going 70mph. :eek:

20. Mabepossibly

Mabepossibly Senior Member

Ive never heard of it but I dont doubt you. NYS loves to legislate every aspect of your life.