1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Do not deal with Level 1 Maintenance

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Scottscape, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Scottscape

Scottscape Senior Member

So I have read many post about the company some good some bad. Well now I have my own personal experience with one of these "national" companies. They try to get out of paying in anyway. Those who say well you have to do the paperwork get authorizations and such. I did everything required by our contractual agreement.

So we have contracted with them 3 stores. We have done so far 4 icemelt apps. and 1 plow since the first of Dec.. I recieved a letter yesterday stating that we will not be payed for the services due to not having authorization for the services. According to there contractual agreement in exhibit "b" (for those who are familiar with the contract) it says that for "additional" sand/salt applications beyond the initial application, the contractor must call Level 1 for prior approval and level 1 will provide you with a unique authorization number.

Remember folks we did no more than 1 application per store per event, that means the application that we did is the "initial". Well guess what? There dilemma is that we are not going to get payed for any of the services because we did not have an authorization #. We did not need one beings that we did not go beyond the initial application.

So for those of you reading futher into it, looks like me and level 1 are going to small claims. I dont deal with non-payers and unethical companies. I'll keep you guys posted how things go

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up!