1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Do Not Buy Intensifires!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by BigDave12768, Nov 22, 2006.

1. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Do Not Buy Intensifires if you own a Dodge!!!!!!!

I bought a set. The problem is with a Dodge you can no longer open and close your hood with the plow attached!!!!!. Fisher has no answer to this!!!!! So do not waste you money on them until they make an adapter for the Dodges..

Last edited: Nov 22, 2006
  2. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I'd say it's a little unfair to say no one should buy them just because there is a problem with your Dodge.

3. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

Mick, have you been sniffing a little too much pine boughs:D This is a serious miscalculation on the part of Fisher:realmad:

BigDave is it the attached grill the hits the back of the lights?

4. BigDave12768

Ok I changed my heading to just Dodges. But since you are a veteran And live in ME. Do you think that a set of lights that stop you from opening your hood during a snow storm would be completely useless???? I would think at least 50% of the times I have plowed I have had to open the hood to check something or add W/W fluid. But with the 2nd Gen Dodges you have the problem of snow building up your wipers. So the easy way to clear it all is to pop the hood and clear it all away. I can not speak for my newest Dodge since I have never plowed with it. But no matter what I want the ability to open and close my hood when I want.

5. BigDave12768

Yes the grill hits the lights. :angry: :angry:

6. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Ok. The thing is that when I responded, it wasn't aimed at just Dodges. Yes, I'd agree that anyone who owns a Dodge should be advised that there might be a problem and they should check it out.

And I enjoy sniffing my pine boughs:D .

7. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

They Just know, You should plow with a real truck. A GM.

Joking aside, that is a oversight big time. I would not want that at all my self. is it the lights the grill hits. or the cross bar?

8. BigDave12768

Yes the grill hits the lights. That would be a huge oversight if it the crossbar. These lights are huge and nice and bright. I hated the older smaller size ones. So when these came out I couldn't wait to get a set.

9. UpstateDzlGuy

UpstateDzlGuy Senior Member

I just picked a set up yesterday to install this weekend on my Ford. I hate to say it, but you may have to keep the old style. With these being a composite system, they will be deep. I don't think a relocation bracket would work either as if they are moved forward they may interfere with the lifting of the plow (Triangle). How much room do you need to gain? Chris

10. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

11. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

I'd love to get the new lights, but can't see dropping the $230 that my dealer wants with the mounting bracket. How is the light output on these?

12. Bigblue250

Bigblue250 Member

A GM(guarnteed malfunction), nonsence. Put a Fisher on a GM and the front of the truck just sinks, and the plow just stays.

13. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Heh, funny. not to start a flame war. but just to be a smart ass.
    *cough* But then why does fisher use all gms in there videos. *cough*

14. ironworks01

ironworks01 Member

Dodge Intensfire Lights

Good afternoon gents....
    I am a tech at a local dodge dealer. we encountered the same problem with the new plow lights. we just fabbed a quick bracket out of some plate steel that moves the lights out about 1.5 inches. It looks great ,and have had no complaints from the customers.
    good luck
    mike

15. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

Wow, a constructive response! There's the solution right there. I'll just ignore the ignorant GM comments.

16. BigDave12768

Yeah that is what I was going to try. Use the 2 holes on the MM2 frame to bolt down plate. and then drill a couple more out towards the head lights

17. 351crules

351crules Member

"real truck" and gm should never be used in the same sentence:D

18. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Good one. heh.

19. murray83

murray83 Senior Member

Now now boys lets all get along and unite in Ford bashing :nod:

20. UpstateDzlGuy

UpstateDzlGuy Senior Member

I haven't used them yet, but I just installed a pair on my truck and there is no problem. Chris