1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

do not buy from strobesnmore

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by EGLC, Aug 25, 2014.

1. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

Ordered linz6, lin3, 500 series lenses and edge lenses.

I received lin6 pods and edge 9M lenses. The manager refused to fix the lens order and hung up on me because I cursed out of frustration and not even towards him.

In general I give them 1 out of 5 stars. I have better luck on eBay which is just sad.
  2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Wow I've had great service from them..... We all have bad days....
  3. NJSnowMgt

NJSnowMgt Junior Member

So they didn't send you the right parts?
  4. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

I can't really say I had bad service very pleasant and nice on the phone just not a lot of communication that the lights where on back order and when they would be in and when they would ship out when they came in . as in most cases your at the mercy of china or where ever the lights where made as to when they will ship out.
  5. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

I've had great service from them in the past and would buy from them again. Maybe he took it personally.
  6. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I've had no problems with them in the past even with warranty stuff. Maybe try calling back later or another day.
  7. k1768

k1768 Senior Member
    from NJ

Same here, poor communication with regard to back ordered item.
    Other than that was happy, enough so I'm about to place another order with them.
  8. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

Communication and customer service sucks. Lights are good prices aren't bad shipping is great.
  9. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

never ever had any problems with StrobesNmore.
    Louis is a stand up guy, and will go out of his way to make a customer happy.

on the home page is this:
    I want to hear from you, so feel free to contact me directly with any questions. Louis@strobesnmore.com

i would suggest contacting Louis, he will fix whatever problem you have.
  10. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

11. dodgegmc1213

dodgegmc1213 Senior Member

Never had a problem with them and I bought a bunch of stuff. 1 of my e4s burnt out (I dont know how) red wire came out of light and was all burnt, I sent it back to them one guy called me and left a message saying they cant do the warranty do to in proper fusing which was not the case and before I could call him back he left another message apologizing for the 1st message and notice I have bought things before and that i most likely didnt fuse it wrong and issued a new light to me right away. I thought that was very professional customer service and to keep me a happy returning customer.
  12. k1768

k1768 Senior Member
    from NJ

1st question is how would he know if you had it fused properly or not? 2nd question, the fact that you bought multiple items means you did fuse it properly? 3rd, if this was your first purchase from them would you have been told you wired it wrong, go pound sand?
  13. Sawboy

Sawboy PlowSite.com Addict

You understood the post? Help me out, because I couldn't decipher it.
  14. k1768

k1768 Senior Member
    from NJ

I read it as this:
    He sent a defective light in. They left him a message saying they would not warranty it because he did not install it correctly (either no fuse at all, wrong rating fuse, or fuse in the wrong location). Before he could call them back they left a second message saying he was a repeat customer so he must have installed it properly and they sent him a new unit.
  15. dodgegmc1213

dodgegmc1213 Senior Member

Yes thats what I was trying to say sorry if no one could understand lol that was my second or third purchase. I have 4 e4 lights (2 on my grille and 2 on the back of my flatbed) they are wired to work on 1 switch and I have a 20amp fuse going to the switch. I got them in november or december and they been working fine till about mid February, thats when the one burnt out, but I dont understand why, it was the furthest light from the fuse and the fuse didnt blow. Maybe because he seen this before he thinks it was in proper fusing, I was going to argue with him but he left me that second message. I got the new light and its still working to this day.
    And supposedly its because I bought previous items that i did fuse it properly it was just a defected light that they gave me the warranty anyway, I dont know if he was just saying that so they dont lose a customer.
  16. Strobesnmore

Strobesnmore Senior Member

Just saw this post and this customer is flat out lying. He was told the lenses were special order and that they could not be returned or exchanged. He assured our staff he knew what he wanted. Same with the other LEDs that he ordered. Instead of just calling and saying "hey I made a mistake" he called and treated my staff with total disrespect, swore at them, and called them idiots.

As for the other issue mentioned I am not familiar with this case.

I can tell you and think most all of you know we are not one of these fly by night companies that come and go. We have been around longer than anyone and there's a reason for that. We treat our customers right. Do we make every customer happy no but we sure do try.

I am the most exposed owner in the industry and everyone who calls me knows I'll stop what I'm doing to look at an issue. Just last week I had a completely melted light and the customer assured us it was fused properly and it was defective. When I asked about the fuse it was an 80 AMP circuit breaker. Of course it was still my fault. Like I said we try.

Thank you to those who defended us. Louis
  17. SnowGuy

SnowGuy Senior Member
    from NW Ohio

They are a 100% stand up company. Enough said !!!
  18. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

19. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

The entire order came wrong, I had asked for EDGE lenses that fit a patriot or LFL what I got was 9M's. Then was told its my fault because I had no model number which I explained isn't possible for me to have anyway since the bar was a custom make (I cut a 48" bar in roughly half). Also I ended up with only 4 lens pieces instead of the ordered 6 but since it was past the 24 hour window your workers told me there was nothing they could do for me.

Additionally your store has two Nova SLULTRAS which I had returned a while ago and never received credit for which you can look up in your system.

I can post photos of all my trucks lighting, I am not new to this. I do all my own installs and I have over 20 lightheads and 3 lightbars, all WHELEN.

Based on your facebook, google and other reviews I am sure I am not the first.

Glad to see some actually had decent service from your people
  20. fatheadon1

fatheadon1 Senior Member

i also have been jerked around by them over warranting reverse light the first one failed they took care of it 2nd one failed they said i had to deal with the manufacturer i said you took my money you deal with it and yet i still have a non working light at a cost to me of a 140 bucks so while they are good they are not great.