1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

do I need Timbrens on my truck

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by TPC Services, Dec 25, 2005.

1. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

I just put a new Boss 8' S.D. straight blade on. When I was Check on prices and brands,the dealer selling Curtis plows Ask About what kind of truck then he said that I may need to have timbrens put on depending on the specs for that plow and truck.. When I went to the boss dealer he said nothing about may having to put them on. Also does this truck really need them.
  2. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

Does your truck sag very much in the front end or not? I would put about 500-600 pounds of ballast behind the rear wheels in the bed and if it sags alot in the front end then I would probably consider it. Otherwise, dont worry about it and happy plowing! Welcome to Plowsite!:waving:
  3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

\ me too what kind of truck?
  4. bikeluver43

bikeluver43 Member
    from Mass

Looks like a 3/4 ton Diesel Ram from his sig. My cousin runs the same setup except he has the Curtis setup. He's not running timbrens and he doesn't have any problems. Have fun, that setup is a beast.