1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Do i need an extra dump truck

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Guzzo856, Nov 17, 2010.

1. Guzzo856

Guzzo856 Member

i picked up 2 apartment complexes and 2 car dealerships, i only have my truck with a plow and box salt spreader, do you think i need a dump truck to pull a loader and have salt in the back for the spreader. cause i need a loader at every job???
  2. underESTIMATED

underESTIMATED Senior Member

Sounds like you answered your own question?
  3. EdNewman

EdNewman Senior Member

Depends on the lot size and how much snow you get, but sounds like you need some more toys.
  4. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

probably ought to have a backup plan in case you go down;)
  5. deereequipment

deereequipment Member

only YOU really know.
    We don't know what size the properties are.
    We don't know how your contracts are set up.
    We don't know how close to home you are, whether you can run home during a storm to get materials.
    We don't know if you are allowed to stage your loader at the properties before the storm.
  6. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Hook up with a dependable sub. Why spend money unless you know for sure you'll
    have job long enough to make investment in truck worth while. In this economy i
    would be very cautious.
  7. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation Senior Member

You are required to have a new f 550 diesel 4x4 king ranch with a blizzard extendable plow .

Find a guy with a truck to pull the loader , carry the salt and run the machine , or buy a used plow truck on the cheap , make some money , decide if these jobs justify the purchace of a newer truck .
  8. MahonLawnCare

MahonLawnCare Senior Member
    from Ohio

wow ..........