1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Do I need a suspension upgrade??

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by fastx01, Jul 11, 2005.

1. fastx01

fastx01 Junior Member

I got a 2005 2500hd single cab with a 8.5' Curtis v-blade on the front end. I already tightened the torsion bars and got the timbren's for it. I was wondering if there was anything else that I needed to do so that my truck won't be FUBAR by the end of the 2005 season.

2. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Make sure that you have plenty of ballast in the back end and do regular service on the front end. Can't wait to see some pics with the truck all setup.

William

3. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

03 2500HD reg cab duramax/allison with a 9.5' fisher v. Carys it great with timbrens and proper balast.

4. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

what would regular service on the front end consist of?

Thanks

5. fastx01

fastx01 Junior Member

ballast meaning weight in the ass end as well??? well im getting either a buyers swing-away tailgate spreader and carry a pallet of salt, or just get the snow-ex that mounts in the bed and holds 2 ton of salt. which do you recommend???

6. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Just doing the reagular greasing and checkin fluid levels. Also check for worn out parts.

William

7. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

ballast needs to be behind the rear wheels to do its job of pulling weight off the front end.