1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

do i need a lifter pump?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Sealer People, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Sealer People

Sealer People Senior Member

hi guys, Ive started noticing that my 1996 chevy diesel 2500 pickup truck, doesnt react as fast as it did in the past when I accelerate.

\this started only this morning when i was out doing touch ups, but e have a storm comin in tonight & Id like any suggestions possible.
    On really cold days, the glow plugs click just fine, the truck is always plugged in, but again on cold days im noticing that im not hearing the lonnnnnnnnnnnnnng perrrring noise that goes along with the glow plug click. Someone told me that its a lift pump.

My question is, does the truvk not reacting to acceleration so quickly, hav to do with the lift pump?????

thanks in advance.