1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Do I need a leveling kit? 2011 Sierra 1500 & Boss Standard 7'6"

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by thewholetruth, Nov 24, 2014.

1. thewholetruth

thewholetruth Junior Member

Hello,

I'm on the install list for a 7'6" Boss Standard plow on my 2011 Sierra 1500 4x4 Crew with 5.3L.

I have four questions:

1) Do I need a leveling kit?

2) If I do need a leveling kit, is this a decent one? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00192QT26/

3) If I do need a leveling kit, am I better off adding it before or after the plow is installed?

4) Is the 7'6" Boss Standard a good match for this truck?

Thank you.

2. thewholetruth

Update: a dealer mentioned that they offer a General Motors spacer that levels the front-end sufficiently. It sounds like it's a rubber stopper of sorts.

This seems like a reasonable approach too. Any thoughts on this?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  3. thewholetruth

Apologies for the long thread here, but one thing I failed to mention in the original post was that I have the All Terrain package, which I believe has Rancho shocks.

4. tomcat01

tomcat01 Junior Member

I would recommend it. I had one on my 1500 never had a plow on it but i just got one put on my 2500 and even with the leveling kit on that it still sags.

On my 1500 i had a rough country kit. rode pretty nice. also bilstein 5100s help. not only for plowing but they make the truck ride much smoother

5. thewholetruth

Is this the kit you installed?

http://www.roughcountry.com/gm-leveling-lift-kit-1307-8.html

One thing that's scaring me about all of these kits is they include language like this:

It is the buyers responsibility to have all bolts / nuts checked after the first 500 miles and then every 1000 miles.

6. tomcat01

tomcat01 Junior Member

yeah thats what i had.

Well that should be true of any kit on the market. its good practice to check things after you mess with them