1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Do I have time to plow??

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by ramair2k, Nov 2, 2006.

1. ramair2k

ramair2k Senior Member

I currently work a full time job in Wellesley, MA working for Comcast Spotlight. I am an engineering supervisior and usually put in about 55+ hours a week. I am on a 24x7 on-call rotation every 3 weeks. My question is this. I am obsessed with plowing now, I don't know what it is, but I just love it. Weird I know.

My dad works for the Somerville DPW (highway dpt.) and they pay about 55.00 an hour for 3/4 ton trucks. With my current full time job, or any full time job for that matter, is there really any time to plow and make extra money, or do you need to have a job where time allows you to come and go as you please.

I would really like to plow for the city because I could make alot of extra money during the winter, but I am not sure that I will acutally have enough time to do it with my current job. My dad also told me that the city frowns upon gusy who sign up to contract, but then decline when they actually get called. I don't want this to happen to me.:dizzy:

2. ksgcapecod

ksgcapecod Member

Sign up to plow just make sure you have a dependable back up driver or two. You plow when you are able and keep all the money and when you cannot you send one of your drivers in your truck and pay him a portion of the $$. You make out all ways. Ken

3. IndySnowPlow

IndySnowPlow Senior Member
    from Indiana

A snow plowing contractor...sub or not....needs to be available 24x7. Mother nature does not give a plan for when it will snow.

4. nepatsfan

nepatsfan Senior Member

You also have to think about how you are gonna feel if you plow all night then have to go to your job in the morning.:sleeping: