1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Do I have Timbrens?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by flykelley, Nov 16, 2004.

1. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Ok Guys I was led to belive that I had Timberns on my truck,but I was the snowplow dealer the other day and saw his display. Thats not what I have. Is it hard to install them yourself,I'm good with my hands and tools.

Thanks Mike

resize 2 timbrens.jpg

2. OneBadDodge06

OneBadDodge06 Senior Member
    from Iowa

those aren't anything near timbrens

3. George C

George C Senior Member

Those are stock stops.
    That is the part that you remove to install the Timbrens.

4. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

If you're looking for a set of timbrens, shoot Big Nate an email, he sells them. :nod:

5. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Ok Guys I'm going to get a set of them. I see they have them for the rear axle as well. Have any of you guys used them on the rear axle? When I fill the new snow ex 8000 with a yard or so of salt I do not think the rear springs will handle it. The local spring guy says use a air bag which is good for 3500 pounds or add more leaf springs. Either way around 450.00 Any thoughts.

Regards Mike

6. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

$450 man thats high

anyways I love timbrens so much that I have them on my trailer to keep it from bottoming out and hitting the frame, anyways,... no what you have are not timbrens, they are polyurethane bumpstops with absoluely no give to them ( running around with weight on them will break a-arms) the timbrens make contact all the time but have some give, about 1" or so that way if you are runing with a heavy load and you hit a pothole the timbren absorbs the shock-load instead of the wheel bearings, hub and ball joints :)
    here is a pic of front timbrens for your truck:[​IMG]

yes timbrens are available $135 for the fronts and the rears are $140.00 or.... 2 sets of timbrens and a deflector for $300, and still have $150 left for beer :drinkup: :drinkup:

7. johntwist

johntwist Senior Member

You gotta respect a man who has his priorities straight :nod: