1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Do I have the right height?

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by firefighter1406, Nov 4, 2010.

1. firefighter1406

firefighter1406 Senior Member

I have a 99 F-250 Superduty diesel with a 8.5 Western MVP unimount. According to the installation instructions the pin height is supposed to be a 9.5 thru 10.5 inches off the ground with the plow attached on level ground. Is this with the plow attached and raised or attached and sitting on the ground? I have had it both ways. If I put it at 9.5 raised the cutting edges dont touch the ground when in the vee postiton, if I set it to 9.5 with the plow on the ground when I do raise the plow the bottom of the plow scrapes on every driveway curb I drive over. Please let me know if I am missing something.

Thanks

2. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

First, do you have plow prep springs.

Secondly, are you connecting to that MVP with an UltraMount to UniMount adapter, or just straight Unimount?

3. cotter

cotter Senior Member
    from Ohio

Unimount straight blade installation manual states "9 1/2" to 10 1/2" plow attached & resting on level surface" which I take to mean that the blade is on the ground, but not just any ground...level ground. :)
    Does your chain need adjusting to give you more lift?
    Chad

4. firefighter1406

firefighter1406 Senior Member

I do have the plow prep springs an am not using the unimount to ultra mount adapter. The plow it self raises high enough it is the rear bottom part of the a frame( the side closest to the truck) . When I put it low enough so the cutting edges are level with the ground it is to close to the ground. I don't know if these cutting edges are just worn to badly and I should start with a new set or what?