1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

do i have a standard or super duty???

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Onebadbowtie86, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Onebadbowtie86

Onebadbowtie86 Senior Member

Hey guys,
    Im sure some of you have seen a couple of my other posts, that i have just bought a brand new boss 7'6" straight blade for my 2003 gmc shortbox. This is the 2009 model year with the brand new lights on it, it still doesnt have the fluid in it, its that new. im finishing up the intall hopefully tomorrow and have it working on my truck, but my question is if i got a mis labeled plow or something? The blade's sticker says standard duty, and it doesnt have the diagnol bracing on the back sides, but it has 4 springs and a shock. Does this Sound unusual? was it put together this way by mistake? on boss's website the standard duty's all had just three springs... some one please chime in!! Thanks in advance!

Jason:dizzy:

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You have a standard. Boss recently eliminated the standard duty plow box assembly, so now you will get the shock absorber and extra trip spring with the standard duty plow that would normally only come in the super duty plow box assembly.