1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Do I buy a MM1 or a MM2?

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by beatle78, Nov 29, 2008.

1. beatle78

beatle78 Senior Member

I can buy a MM1 that's almost new stored indoors since 1997 with the fishstik for ~$1500.

OR

I can buy a 3 year old MM2 for the same money, but I need to order the fishstick.

This is going on a 2003 Silverado 1500.

What would you do?

p.s. I ordered the harness to convert from 2 plug to 3 plug for the MM1 for $50. So I will be ready as soon as I get a plow. Snow could be coming any day now.

2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Is the MM2 in good condition? If it is you should go with the MM2, it mounts alot faster than the MM1. But if the MM2 is in poor condition it's not worth buying.

3. beatle78

beatle78 Senior Member

The MM2 still has yellow paint on the front of the trip edge

4. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

id say the mm2 as long as its not beat. its much easier to get on/off the truck and its just newer but if the mm1 is in better shape then go with that
    if you have some pics of the 2 plows it would be easier to say which one to go with

5. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Since the MM2 is in good shape get it.

6. beatle78

beatle78 Senior Member

Here's the MM2 plow.

I assumed it is a MM2 since it was only 3 years old.

Sorry, no pics of the MM1, but all the original stickers are on that one as well.

mm2_plow.jpg

7. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

that looks to be in pretty good shape id say buy it. just make sure to check for leaks so you dont have a problem in the middle of the storm
    good luck

8. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member

The stick is going to cost you $340 shipped from CPW. Just thought I would throw that out there. Just bought one that is the cheapest I found anywhere.

9. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

looks to be in pretty good shape, no powder coat flaking, which is always a good thing

10. Doakster

Doakster Senior Member
    from Maine

11. Fishstick

There are usually fishsticks all over Ebay for much less than that.

RON

12. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member

Right they are a little less for the straight blade, mine was for a V. They got me $20 for shipping and insurance, because it was a "high dollar, easily breakable item" As far as E bay the cheapest one for a V I found was for $200 and it was for the old style. I was also a little leary of buying a used unit from E bay. I just coughed up the extra $100 and went for a new one.

13. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

Yeh go with the MMII. And you dont really need the fish stick unless you want it, the dash mount will work.

14. beatle78

beatle78 Senior Member

Thanks guys. I am part of the Nintendo generation so the fish stick will work nice for me.

I have a monarch pump on my '89 and I put it on my lap or on my side when I plow and I love it!

I'm going to try to buy the MMII. Hopefully, I didn't wait too long.

15. beatle78

beatle78 Senior Member

argggg.... the MM2 is sold..... I knew that price was too good to pass up!

16. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Well I tried to sell u the one I had for $150 but u never responded.

17. beatle78

beatle78 Senior Member

brad,

Do you still have a fishstik for $150? I work right up the road in Foxboro and can meet and bring cash!

thanks,
    beatle78

18. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member

Brad,

I checked my sent PM's and I sent the message to the wrong person :confused:, I had just figured you sold it. Looks like I miss out again. Thanks for the offer anyway.:cool:

19. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Ok sry pal. I thought u where ignoring me.

20. adksnowo

adksnowo Senior Member

I have been pondering trying one of the Universal Plow Control units. Seems like there are a few new ones on E-Bay for between $180-$200. Anyone have any experience with them, any good, P.O.S., opinions?