1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Do Boss wings leave a snow trail?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by SawHoss, Sep 22, 2009.

1. SawHoss

SawHoss Member

I have a couple 8' Boss poly straight blades and am interested in installing wings on at least one of the two. For anyone who has used wings on a Boss, do they leave a trail of snow between the wing cutting edge and the plow cutting edge? This is one of my biggest pet peaves. I hate having plowed a lot, then look back at it and see all of the small trails of snow that were left behind. Any input would be appreciated.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

They won't if they're installed correctly and the wing edges are carefully trimmed correctly.

3. Alaska Boss

Alaska Boss PlowSite.com Addict
    from Alaska

Here's a couple shots of how mine work and what they leave behind, or the lack of it,.... :)

Bumper with lights off (Custom).JPG

Boss scrape (Custom).JPG

Plowing in Mom's yard (Custom).JPG

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Wings on the Vee. Nice. That must rule for stacking.

5. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

n/m the wings those reverse lights in the bumper just caused to me to change my shorts

6. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Alaska Boss, like the lights in the bumper, pretty slick.

7. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

yep,.. not only do they not "leak" out any snow trails,... they really add to the forward reach that you have in stacking,... even when compared to a Blizzard,... :nod:

Right-side scoop profile (Custom).jpg

8. Alaska Boss

from Alaska

It would be tough to find a single component that adds more benefit to a plow truck than a good set of wings,... unless it was a rear bumper like this,... and for me, since I'm plowing most of the time in the dark.... this bumper has been the single best thing I've added to my truck,... :salute:

Bumper with lights on (Custom).JPG

9. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

geeezus the wings make it look like ur truck is trying to hug somebody,,,,,friggin sweet set-up plow....truck,,,,,and drooool that bumper

10. veggin psd

veggin psd Senior Member

Here is my thoughts on Boss wings on a Boss V.......you either have the plow and wings or you need them. Simple as that. I used the mounting kit when I installed mine. Should have welded them on! Couldn't do i without them anymore.:D

11. coral

coral Senior Member

i started installing my kit for the boss wings with the bolts supplied....after 10 min got out the welder, a min or so later they were on..... i agree welding is the way to go...

12. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Hand file?

13. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Smooth mill file only for this job. The bas-tard cut is mulch too rough