1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Do any of you who sweep also stripe?

Discussion in 'Sweeper Forum' started by Camden, Feb 10, 2011.

1. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Any line stripers on here? I'd like to hear how much you're paying for paint. Last year I was getting 5 gallons for $90 and I would sure like to improve on that price.

Any of you have a decent source?

2. SnowMT

SnowMT Member
    from MT

We offer complete property maintenance. Will have to look at what we paid for 5 gallos. Where are you getting your paint from?

3. SnowMT

SnowMT Member
    from MT

we being ww.rockymtnsupervac.com

4. SnowMT

SnowMT Member
    from MT

13.00 a gallon - really depends if you buy in volume, who your dealing with.

5. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Last year I was buying paint from a hardware store that I plow for. I don't think he buys enough to give me a competitive price. Plus I don't need name brand paint.

Can you PM me the name of your supplier? I have no issues buying pallet loads in order to save money.

6. clydebusa

clydebusa Member

I stripe and pay around 80 to 90 for 5 gallon. I mostly do small lots and alot of the company's won't mess with the lots due to the small size. In fact I have a couple of company's that recommend me. I buy from a local Tulsa company called Ancor paint, and some from SW.

7. ZachXSmith

ZachXSmith Senior Member

Well I stripe for a living, I have been around for almost 30 years. I spend over 100 grand a year for paint.70 to 110 a 5 gallon bucket is the normal price. 70 for cheap oil based, and around 100 for latex liquid thermo plastic from sealmaster.

8. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like you have a big time operation. So do you purchase 5 gallon buckets or do you get it in bulk? I've seen guys buying 55 gallon drums but I'm not ready for anything like that.

What kind of sprayers do you use? I have a Kelly Creswell that I'm very happy with. The only thing I've ever had to replace on it was the tip. Other than that it just goes and goes.

9. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Your Dad has Been in Business for 30 Years......

10. ZachXSmith

ZachXSmith Senior Member

We have 2 mb's, 1 kelly, and 3 airless graco's. We spray oil out of the older air machines, and we spray latex from the new graco's. We have never purchased any 55 gallon drums, 5 gallon buckets are all we use.

those old kelly's and mb's just keep pumping paint so we never stop using them. Just new hoses every year and a motor and air compressor when needed.

11. brianbrich1

brianbrich1 PlowSite.com Addict

Anything between 75 and 90 for 5 gal is resonable