1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

do any of you have transfer tanks in your trucks

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by dieselfreak, Apr 16, 2005.

1. dieselfreak

dieselfreak Member

do any of you run transfer tanks in your trucks and are they a big help in snow removal and landscaping.
  2. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

i carry a auxilary tank in my new hd for fueling up the bobcats it is a big time saver i dont no how i lasted with out it. i bought it from tractor supply and its the 600.00 l shaped one and i have taken it back ones already becuase the bung for the pump busted off and now it is cracked again this time i am talking it to a welder that can tig weld the crack and then have them build a brace to weld on to the fitting. i am not saying it is a bad tank just that if you get alumminum be prepared to beef it up a little
  3. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

i have a 100 gallon tank in my truck. we use it everyday during the landscapine seaseon. fill all the mowers and machinery that is gas off of it. got another tank at the yard for diesel stuff. we dont use it so much during the winter. only to fill jugs for snowblowers before a storm comes. definately a huge time saver especially for our mowing crews. if you think about how much time it takes to go to the gas station every morning and fill up all the mowers, trucks etc.....it adds up. definately worth the investment for landscaping at least. during the winter a diesel transfer tank is great for filling our loaders and bobcats.
  4. james731

james731 Member
    from ny

im not too sure about a gas transfer tank but they may be illegal. i know the diesel is no problem but gas might be a little more complicated.
  5. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 Senior Member

i'd like to get one but they are so expensive! :dizzy: