1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Do any of the new trucks come with trans coolers?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Joel B., Jan 24, 2011.

1. Joel B.

Joel B. Senior Member
    from MN

I have looked at the specs and unless I'm blind, none of the big three offer trans coolers. Anyone have different information.

Thanks.

2. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Must be blind, all 3 do

3. Joel B.

Joel B. Senior Member
    from MN

Do you have a link to show the option?

4. Eggie329

Eggie329 Senior Member

I'm pretty sure they're standard on 3/4 tons and bigger and most 1/2 tons.

5. jgoetter1

jgoetter1 Senior Member

Great question - I know I'd go with the option. I've aftermarketed all my trucks with tranny coolers.

6. Kavu

Kavu Member

It's standard equipment on Super Duties

7. Brian in MO

Brian in MO Junior Member
    from NE MO

I would think they would be standard equipment. Even my 2000 f350 with a 6-speed manual tranny has a factory cooler on it, so you would think a automatic would be standard?

8. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

i have one on my 2500HD. it comes with the factory plow prep package that my truck has

9. Joel B.

Joel B. Senior Member
    from MN

I have one too on my '02 2500HD, I was wondering about new trucks '10, '11.

10. Joel B.

Joel B. Senior Member
    from MN

I don't see it listed as standard or optional equipment anywhere. Are you sure?

11. s. donato

s. donato Senior Member

one even came on my dakota b/c i got the HD Tow Package.

12. Pinky Demon

Pinky Demon PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

I got a big one on my 02 Ford, and I know all automatic Super Duties have one.

13. V_Scapes

V_Scapes Senior Member

Yea i thought any truck that comes with a tow package should have one in it. my uncles 08 dakota has a heavy duty cooler in it.

14. Joel B.

Joel B. Senior Member
    from MN

You are the second person that has said so but I don't see it listed anywhere.

15. stackmaster

stackmaster Senior Member

I believe the big 3 all come with but I remember asking about this before and people saying that it should be upgraded if the truck is going to be used for plowing.

16. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Nowhere does it say it comes with brake and gas pedals either - the auto super duties come with a tranny cooler.

17. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

:laughing::laughing:

18. blee1ash

blee1ash Senior Member

They come as standard equipment on all 3/4 tons and most 1/2 tons, and are not listed as a separate option.
    Some packages will have a larger trans cooler than the standard one, but I'm pretty shure they all have one standard.
    Look at what is included with the towing and or plow prep packages, I beleve it will say upgraded transmission cooling or heavy duty cooling or something like that.
    The options sheet or spec sheet will not say "transmission cooler" but they do have one

Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
  19. blee1ash

blee1ash Senior Member

The websites are very vauge about options and such. Talk to a dealer they usually have more info on what is standard and what the towing and plow prep packages include for equipment.

20. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

You not look HARDER Superduty must have big tran cooler.

It hide between AC radiator and radiator. There bada## BIG TRAN cooler it huge. It twice bigger than size of 2 laptop.