1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Do any Municipalities use Sno-Way?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by grandview, Mar 5, 2008.

1. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Hey Tom,

Are there any large towns that use only Sno-Way stuff?

Another words does your company bid on anything to supply towns with your equipment?

2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

I can't say where we are used exclusivley by any specific town that I know of.

We do work with our retailers in municipal sales and bidding and are seeing more of this business every year as the word about Sno-Way gets out.

I have seen bids now that include "Hydraulic Down Pressure" as part of the bid specification.

Denver Public Schools is a plow or two away from being exclusive with Sno-Way. I am sure that nbenallo will correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2008
  3. grandview

I've seen that .If a town wants a particular type of equipment they write up the specs. to that piece so know else can bid on it.

4. toby4492

I was actually involved in one a few years back where we received the bid award, competitive retailers in the area filed a complaint and it was put out as a rebid. They still included DP in the spec. Others came back with pricing that was $200-$400 better than ours.

They still went with Sno-Way. The local Public Works Director owned our plow personally and would not settle for anything else. :D

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I have placed Snoways with New Castle County facilities, Red Clay School District, Appoqinox (?) school district, Colonial School district, The State of De facilities dept, federal court, State of DE facilities Dover complex, off the top of my head.

6. grandview

Tom,If you win Govt. contracts do you have to give them a higher than normal guarantee on all of the equipment ?

7. VeePlow

VeePlow Junior Member

It's nice when you can get written right into the spec on the RFP... that's how you know you're making a quality product. Congrats.

~VP

8. toby4492

Our 5 year structural 2 year electric/hydrualic warranty pretty well covers them fine.

I like it and thanks.

9. toby4492

Thanks PJ :D

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Think you guys just lost a post..

11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

PJ isn't allowed on here:rolleyes:
    ROFLMAO

12. toby4492

PJ you can stop by anytime. Thanks again bud.:drinkup:

13. toby4492

A few years back when we still produced the 25 series model I worked with a retailer in CA to outfit 16 Mitsubishi Fuso's with 9' plows for San Bernardino County. All used for road plowing.

14. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

But the Mods won't let him stay:eek:

15. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

right now we are in the middle of changing over denver public schools from meyer plows to snoway they baught about 10 this yea alone

16. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You know Tom, we could use some cab over fits:nod:

Very popular with the landscapers for their maneuverability.

17. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

we were doing fuso's for integrated but sorry tom you know they weren't snoways though

18. toby4492

You just didn't know then what you know now Nick. ;)

19. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

that is true and besides it wasnt up to me mike bled blue

20. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

I own one of those 25's, it works very well on my isuzu npr. Its so cool to look down and actually see the blade when you are plowing. That being said, snowplowing with non 4WD cabovers is best done by experienced operators!