1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Do 07 & up cab lights fit on 05

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by ajracing81, Oct 3, 2012.

1. ajracing81

ajracing81 Member

So im looking at the Atomic led cab lights for my truck but i have an 05 2500 and they only make them for 07 and up. Has anyone put newer style cab lights on there 04-06?
  2. lilweeds

lilweeds PlowSite.com Addict

I was looking at the same thing. Might try and swap my dad's onto my truck in a week or two.
  3. trouble454

trouble454 Junior Member

If you don't have factory cab lights they will work. I put them on my 06 and they look great. I am unable to upload a picture, I could text you a picture if needed.
  4. durafish

durafish PlowSite.com Addict
    from 02919

No they won't work. What you could do is just get 194 led bulbs and put them in your stock lights and add a flasher and relay to get the atomic affect.
  5. ajracing81

ajracing81 Member

why dont they work if you already have lights. Is it wiring or is the way they mounted the lights from the factory?
  6. trouble454

trouble454 Junior Member

Actually it is both, the newer lights are not as wide front to back and the hole spacing is different. The older style light use's a 194 push in bulb and the newer style lights are led and just plug in. The factory wiring could be used if you went to a dealer and got the pickup side of the harness for the pigtails and cut them off and spliced them to existing harness.