1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

DMV (DC, MD, VA) Feb 7-10, 2014

Discussion in 'Weather' started by RUJusten, Jan 29, 2014.

1. RUJusten

RUJusten Member
    from VA

Some models are showing the DMV and mid-Atlantic regions getting 24-34 inches in a massive snow storm expected to hit Feb 6 or 7 and go through the 10th...this is if the storm stays on path that it is currently on. Get the trucks ready - could be bigger than the. Blizzard of '98!!

image.jpg

2. OldSchoolPSD

OldSchoolPSD Senior Member

Come on Mother Nature this isn't funny anymore!

I've got a lot of little nuisance things to fix on my trucks and I haven't been able to on account of all the snow and freezing weather.

3. Charlesnw

Charlesnw Junior Member

I was wondering if anyone else had heard about this "impending storm" I havent been able to find any information on any other websites other than a big "I dont know" However, I do know that there is supposed to be a lot of snow/ice/rain coming in this Monday and possibly lasting until Wednesday. Ive heard a lot of exaggeration from friends, acquaintances and on Facebook.

4. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Charles, that's a week to 10 days away. No one has certainty forcasting that far out.

5. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

Yeah but nothing like that fanasty map.

4-6 is possible Monday. Wednesday storm may be too north. TThen another storm 8-10th. One at a time

6. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

One model showed it. And then it disappeared lol.

The media took it and ran

7. fhafer

fhafer Member

It was an outlier in a group of forecast models. My equipment will be ready...but I'm not running out to buy a new Bobcat just yet. I'll stick with my 1990 F-250 idi/8' Meyers and the Ford 340B Industrial tractor for now.
    :mechanic:

8. Charlesnw

Charlesnw Junior Member

Yes, I figured as much because all major weather forecasting services are very reluctant to even comment on it. I was just curious because this weather map showing a "Snowpocalypse" surfaced on Facebook. I have heard a lot of speculation regarding it and some say that it is a hoax and others are saying it is true. Personally, Im not too worried about it because the tractors are ready and I have enough gas to run the generator for a week.

9. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

It was a true map not a hoax. Just a fluke run

10. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

TWC has mentioned a possible Nor-easter this weekend but that's what it is, a possibility. All we can do is try to be ready for what ever comes our way. They still don't know for sure what the Tuesday/Wednesday storm is gonna do.

11. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

Were still in game for wed. Weekend storm I think we are going to be too north as of well

12. Charlesnw

Charlesnw Junior Member

Regarding the possible snowstorm Feb 7-10. Image courtesy of Wxrisk.com

gfs.jpg

13. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

You got to realize it is 5-8 days out with two storms in between. We will have a better understand Wednesday night/ Thursday

14. Charlesnw

Charlesnw Junior Member

Yes, I know. This was mainly meant as a FYI.

15. Charlesnw

Charlesnw Junior Member

It looks as if we are going to be getting some significant snow mid week this coming week... Feb 11, 12, 13. All the models have been in agreement for five different runs now.[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014
  16. fhafer

fhafer Member

Looks like ice for Hampton Roads...sand and salt exercise.

17. Marek

Marek Senior Member

Hope so , it would be nice to have a few more to push instead of blowing thru so much salt all the time. Whiffy will you be on your waterfront site on Sat ? Daughter has a big comp down there this weekend.

18. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

Depends on what happens

19. aclawn

aclawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from ct

That map is like 10 day old and it the totals of 4 storm ,end model run with totals of 4 storm 29th,3rd, 5th,8th.that y you see 30" snow cover.LOL