1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

DMI Hitch

Discussion in 'Used Plowing and Truck Equipment Forum' started by winfield.acres, Mar 17, 2013.

1. winfield.acres

winfield.acres Junior Member

Looking for a DMI Hitch Quick n Easy reciever. Thought I could find a used one before buying one.
  2. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

You looking for the 2" receiver style that has the cushion hitch and swings side to side?
  3. winfield.acres

winfield.acres Junior Member

Yes that is the style I am looking for.

Looks from your profile picture your a firefighter too?
  4. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

You might be able to find one used on craigslist but their tough to come across. I didn't want to pay for a new one so I ended up going with a Reese 2.5" Class V hitch and just got a 2.5" ball mount that had the rubber block inside of it. A lot better then just a normal hitch, not quite as good as a DMI though. Less slam from the springs compared to a dmi when pulling anhydrous wagons 2 at a time or 2 bottles on one gear. 25-28k was a little to much for the springs and they wouldn't handle the weight and let the hitch move alot.

My dad is a FF. I went through all the classes, state tests, etc then went back to farming.
  5. Holland

Holland Senior Member

x2 to what mark said. I just saw one on cl about a month ago. Ive got the whole dmi bumper on my truck.
  6. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Be careful buying a new one though.

Look at all the latch points and springs.

We had a DMI hitch on an old truck that we pulled anhydrous wagons with back in the day. My cousin went and picked one up and the guy at the plant moved the hitch and broke one of the latches that lock it in place.

Ultimately he started going down the road, the anhydrous wagon started to sway badly and he ended up flipping it.

Luckily it didn't burst the tank.