1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Diy plow on skid steer

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by hatchmastr, Nov 11, 2014.

1. hatchmastr

hatchmastr Senior Member
    from 516

so I fabbed this yesterday
    im not to sure hwo to go about the hydrolics I have a aux line on the skid, is there a cetain amount of pressure the plow cylinders can hold, how to reduce the pressure??
    what you guys think??

mustang plow.jpg

mustang plow 2.jpg

mustang plow 2.jpg

mustang plow.jpg

2. Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost Senior Member
    from Montana

I think the top "bar" should be a chain ,, this will alow the plow to float over bumps and makes it alot more easy to plow clean and follow pavement ,,, the hydraulic lines are easy most skids have extra hook ups on arm you just need to extend the lines, and get proper fittings to plug in , they work in a forward back flow, and it works well with 2 rams , but you will have to much pressure/ flow , so you can buy a lil washer like fitting that go's in line ,, it will slow everything down and make the plow not move to fast , I did one once the lil hole in the washer is small small like a pin hole almost ,,, I found mine at a farm implament dealer ,,,, I hope that helps

3. Jack_Frost

Jack_Frost Senior Member
    from Montana

p s ,, the skid will not have to much pressure , it will just have to much flow ,,,, that's what the lil washer type fitting to slow down

4. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

Nice plate! I did the washer and a cross over relief valve. My valve has a flow adjustment on it too. I tried the chain and didn't like it, down pressure is the way to go.

5. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

Looks cool, good luck with it.

6. hatchmastr

hatchmastr Senior Member
    from 516

Thanks guys i have yet to do anything with the hydrolics this week was busy but probley tmw i will be going to try to find the pieces i need to slow down the flow !

I will post picks when finished