1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

DIY Deflector

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Emstaxi, Dec 1, 2008.

1. Emstaxi

Emstaxi Member

Here is my DIY snow deflector using rubber bought from Ebay ($26.00), (2) 4ft pieces of flat stock, and 5/16 nuts and bolts. The only problem I see so far is that the rubber does lack some flexibility. I may get some angle iron and then bolt the rubber to that instead so that the rubber edge is facing forward instead of downwards.

12-01-08_1046.jpg

12-01-08_1048.jpg

12-01-08_1049.jpg

12-01-08_1050.jpg

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

deflector

looks good :salute:

3. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

who cares if it lacks flexability????? keep it how it is its fine, looks good by the way.

4. Emstaxi

Emstaxi Member

Thanks for the comments. I just want to make sure it will help with the snow moving forward (If we ever get any here in central new jersey). I'll try it like this first and if I need be, i'll modify it. I think it took about 20 mins to mount it to the plow.

5. Mark Witcher

Mark Witcher Senior Member

Most of the factory ones are too flexy. I think you should have used wider material though to get the most benefit.