1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Divider for EZ Dumper

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by MStine315, Dec 27, 2007.

1. MStine315

MStine315 Senior Member

Here's a simple little divider I made up for the front of my EZ Dumper/Downeaster tailgate spreader. It keeps all the bags and tools from sliding back towards the beater bar and eliminates unloading everything at each stop. It's just a couple pieces of scrap angle welded opposite from each other and then a 2x6 on the bottom and a 2x8 cut out for the angle of the bed on top. All stuff I had laying around the shop.

salt divide.jpg

2. ChicagoSnow

ChicagoSnow Senior Member

Good idea!

I had this on my "to do list" for some time now, but havent had the time to build one for myself.

I had the idea of fabricating a stainless steel bed separator that slipped into the stake pockets(for support). What do you think?

3. Flake Chaser

Flake Chaser Member
    from CT

I like the stake pocket idea better than welding angle in. A lot less permanent but a good idea anyway.
  4. MStine315

MStine315 Senior Member

D'oh. Now you give me that idea! Where were you when I was drawing this in crayon on a napkin? Good thinking. Just bolt the (2) 2x together and fashion a steel "hook" on the end to slip into the stake pocket. I looked in the pictures and the stake pocket is dead on where I put my divider. When my welds break (not if, but when) I'll upgrade to this. Thanks.