1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ditched the Meyers... Got a BOSS....

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by slapshotmike24, Jan 1, 2009.

1. slapshotmike24

slapshotmike24 Member

Just sold the Meyers complete setup last week and picked this up a few days later. The install on the undercarriage was WAY easier than the Meyers was. I was very impressed with the adjustabililty of the Boss rig. I know there have been alot of problems with the Boss V's but I haven't heard anything bad about the straight blades. I am just praying this doesn't give me all the problems that Meyers has in the past. So far all I know is this thing is lightning fast and looks to be very well built. :D Here are the before and after pics:

2. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

Looks Good!
  3. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

Slapshot, had you went from the Meyer to a Snowbear, you would still have been moving up. LOL:D

Good luck with the Boss.
  4. Snowplowkid

Snowplowkid Member

Good color combo, now you need a GM Truck! LOL
  5. Turbodiesel

Turbodiesel Senior Member

Welcome to the Boss club . wesport

November21,2008 003.jpg
  6. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

sweet! looks great!

yeah i may be alittle bias but i LOVE my boss and love working with them every day. its nice to know them like the back of your hand makes any issues that may come up easy to fix.
  7. sjosephlawncare

sjosephlawncare Senior Member

I think you did it backwards. You should have gotten rid of the dodge!! Jk. I did the same thing last year, got rid of the meyers and got a boss. I hated the way my truck looked with the meyer pump on all winter, plus the boss is way easy to put on.
  8. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

new plow

ussmileyflag hey man red always looks good on black !
  9. slapshotmike24

slapshotmike24 Member

Thanks guys!! Now all I need is some snow!!!
  10. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Great set-up! I have not heard any bad things about the boss-v's! I have a few good friends on this site and they love there boss v's
  11. AGM Inc.

AGM Inc. Member
    from Ohio

ya u did it backwards. screw the boss, go with the meyer. boss has all the problems and beside ur runnin a dodge
  12. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

newbie !!! have you seen a boss
  13. AGM Inc.

AGM Inc. Member
    from Ohio

i ran a boss once, and it broke. never again
  14. carl b

carl b PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ohio

thats funny what happened ? I run a Meyers it breaks all the time .
  15. AGM Inc.

AGM Inc. Member
    from Ohio

i ran a meyer 4 20 years and it broke 1 time but since it has a chain lift i was able 2 bring it 2 my shop and it was a 5 dollar fix.
  16. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

Up in my area most guys are running fisher myers and there are a few bosses around.Im running a myers 8.5 Vee 7.5 straight Diamonds 8 foot straight and homemade box plows 12 and 9 feet
  17. slapshotmike24

slapshotmike24 Member

Well... I may not have plowed too much witht he Boss compared to how long I had my meyers, but I can say the Boss has already outperformed the Meyer! For the first time, I went through a WHOLE ENTIRE STORM WITHOUT THE PLOW BREAKING!@!@!@! I can't begin to say how impressed I am with the Boss. The next thing on my agenda is going to be building a set of small wings for it. I saw a thread on here a few months back of wings a guy built for his western. They used the same style support ribs as the plow. If any of you guys know who built them, please let me know. Thanks in advance, Mike Rorvik... Neighborhood Landscaping, LLC

NOTE: AGR???? Do you live under a rock??? A Dodge cummins with a Boss plow couldn't get any better!!! I guess you must be one of those Toyota driving fellas... haha Just kidding... not trying to start a fight. I value everyones opinion.
  18. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I have Meyer and it is a turd as well!!! If the Boss breaks, you can still ratchet strap it up!!!! Gotta be smarter than what you are working with. But I want a plow that lifts up higher than I can with a shovel, lol. This will be my last year with Meyer. Boss is the way to go!!! Meyer is made in Cleveland, need I say more. Call it the mistake by the lake
  19. ACS

ACS Member

HaHa .... Made me laugh there ,

Good Choice on the BOSS ! prsport
    And Great Looking Truck you have there.

Plus : Less Down Time = More payup
  20. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Red looks better with that truck lol, nice plow