1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ditch Witch Zahn----Mini Skid

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ford6.9, Sep 22, 2011.

1. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

Does anyone use this machine or use mini skids for snow blowing? I know there have been some threads on here in the past but I need a 44" or smaller blower as my walkways are 36" and 48", any larger and ill be messing up some grass.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deARjoIqa3k

This is a video I saw on youtube If anyone has any comments or a machine that works better please share.

2. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Looks cold

3. bbct001

bbct001 Member

Bobcat S70. 36" wide, available with cab enclosure/heat. There's a 36" and 44" blower available for them, works pretty good. Just make sure your operator isn't a big guy:) Might be able to get you a deal on a used one if your interested.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2011
  4. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

My thinking is I could also use this for the summer for doing mulch, so I dont think I want a small frame skid but rather a mini skid. I'm just finding that most of the blowers are larger than 48'

5. leon

leon Senior Member

snow caster

You should look at the BCS 835 two wheel tractor with all gear drive,
    It uses either a single stage or two stage BERTA snow caster up to 32 inches wide.

You can use the BCS 835 to transport mulch with a large trailer that hooks
    to the BCS 835 and you can sit and drive as well with the padded seat
    attachment that connects to the trailer or the BCS 835

You will spend less money and be able to use the BCS the year round with
    many attachments

6. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

I already have 36" snow blowers......I am looking for a unit which will keep the operators from being banged around and give more consistent times. Ride on platform is desired.

7. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

I have a bobcat mt-52 that we use for landscaping for the past 4 -5 years. We do not have a blower unit, but we have used it many times to get rid of frozen ice/sleet etc. Saved alot of back work.

8. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

Have you had issues with the bucket catching on any of the concrete joints or unlevel sections?

9. ford6.9

ford6.9 Senior Member

Anyone? .......

10. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

Been away for a while. I am sure it would catch on concrete when using the bucket, but your going slow.

11. tread lightly services

tread lightly services Member

hmm going to ressurect this... i use the toro 44" blower on my toro dingo it is unstoppable!

for 1-2 inch snows i use the plow blade with a 1" thick rubber edge.

for 2" + it is an animal with the hydraulic power of a mini skid loader.

so much faster than the plow blade

i get excited every time it snows, i cleared 8" of heavy wet snow on 450 feet of sidewalk as fast as i could travel and threw it 30 feet .

love the visibliity.

as for the zahn. it is a neat concept but the rediculously low lifting height makes it a no go for me.