1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Distance Between accounts.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PrecisionS&I, Sep 29, 2014.

1. PrecisionS&I

PrecisionS&I Member
    from Ohio

Just looking for opinions on the distance you travel between accounts with a loader and pusher.

I have 3 accounts in the same general area and hoping to service properties with a small loader or backhoe with a 10' or 12' pusher.

Account #1 is a 3.5 acre site in the center of 2 other accounts.

Account #2 is 1.65 miles to the west of the first account and would be 2 turns.

Account #3 is .35 miles to the east of the first account and would be one turn.

I am just looking for opinions on this thanks.
  2. Ne1

Ne1 Senior Member

I would say go for it. A 2 speed transmission would be helpful.

SHAWZER PlowSite.com Addict

Most small loaders are quick with 3 or 4 speed tranys so travelling 1 -5 miles is no sweat . Even hydrostatic machines are fast. Thumbs Up
  4. allagashpm

allagashpm Senior Member

I dont have any experience with loaders but I will say here in Maine it is very common to see them on the roads in the city areas. Most have plates on the back. I think you would be fine that's not really that far
  5. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

I have run our loader with the 12 ft box from our yard to a job site (about 2.5 miles) and around town during larger snow events. You really have to pay attention at traffic lights and so on, its wide and people don't give any room. The question is is it legal? 8-6 is the legal width limit and it is an attachment that can be removed and trailered, the law in your area might frown upon it.