1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dissapointed!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Brant'sLawnCare, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

I got up today at 1 am. to measure how much snow we got, and we got less than an inch! I really wanted to go plowing. The no good weather men said 1-3 inches, which either means 4 or 5 or nothing at all. We got nothing. Only having driveways sucks! 2'' triggers! :gunsfiring: lol. Well, at least I get to go back to bed! Later:sleeping:

2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

We last dropped a plow on Dec 17th ! Another way below average year of snow fall.
    Hard to slide a newer plow truck past the Wife when it does not snow all season long.

3. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

havnt plowed yet this yr. have salted a few times . lots of rain

JR

4. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

did u miss the new years storm?

5. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

That's life!!!

My weather man said my area would get 8 to 12 inches last sunday night and we never even got a dusting. How do they mess up that bad.

6. Blazin

Blazin Senior Member

We have had more snow this year then all last winter. I have been plowing, & sanding my brians out!

7. MB3

MB3 Senior Member

Same thing here in PA. I have not dropped my plow since Dec. Could really use some snow.

8. rredd13

rredd13 Member
    from ontario

lol..this morning

Image000.jpg

9. Neige

Neige Sponsor

Snow snow snow

Same here. 19 events so far with 3 of them more than 12 inches.

10. crazymike

crazymike Senior Member
    from Toronto

dissapointment for me is when I wake up and there actually is snow.

When they call for snow and I wake up and there isn't any, Sometimes I have to pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming.

Only sad part about it is then I have to keep waking up to make sure it doesn't start to snow....

11. Belleaire Care

Belleaire Care Member

Disappointed

Hey Crazy Mike, did you not get the flash freeze this morning ? We were salting earlier this a.m..
    Temps dropped from plus 3 celcius to minus 5 celcius in about 3 hours. Just blowing snow after that though.

Snow storm coming our way this Friday from Colorado. Talking 10 - 15 cms.

Mike

12. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

u sure u just didnt pull up to a white washd wall thats really not fair

13. Brant'sLawnCare

Well, so far this year, we've had a ton of snow. And we've been out plowing like crazy, just like you new hampshire guys. But, being my first year, everytime we get to go out and make some money helps out.

14. Brant'sLawnCare

Are you sure your truck isn't under water? lol

15. 2moresleeps

2moresleeps Senior Member
    from Ontario

Flash freeze?? LOL! It was a waste of time. Nothing froze...it would have had to continue raining for that to have happened. Weathermen kill me!

I managed to drop a few loads of salt up north but Woodbridge and Toronto, forgetaboutit!

16. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

But hey, I'm sure you're really enjoying the sub zero's we're gettin' w/ all the wind!
    Keep your eye out for tomorrow night though (Thursday). They're gonna take another guess at it. Let's see if they're rite this time!
    We're near Racine, WI.

17. Snowbrdr360

Snowbrdr360 Senior Member

If your still interested in subbing call me. you have my number:bluebounc

18. Brant'sLawnCare

Cool, I'll call you tomorrow.

19. Brant'sLawnCare

You guys have been getting missed a lot this year down in Racine. Most of the heavy snow in Wisconsin keeps going to the western part of the state. Yes, they say thursday it's supposed to snow, we'll see! Have a good night.

20. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

KGRlandscapeing
    I am in Akron we don't get the stuff you guys north of us get. All the stuff I plow is in Akron or East and West of it. If it's 2 inches or so he just throws salt and does the cleanup himself. All of the major events have gone north of us, west of us or south of us.