1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

dismount/mount - uneven ground problems

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by ed salvatore, Mar 26, 2006.

1. ed salvatore

ed salvatore Member
    from boston

I have a new 800 on a Dodge 2500. It seems that if I dismount it on the slightest of uneven surfaces in my driveway, it is difficult to remount, in that the power hitch will not raise the plow at all upon mounting. Is this common? Does it have to be completely level ground when you take it off? I wanted to summer store it in the woods behind my house, but the surface is uneven, and I'm afraid next Novemebr when I take it out of storage it's going to be a bear to mount up.
    Thanks
    Ed

2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

My 810 will do fine, I can put it in a snow bank and it will go on and off fine.

3. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

I wonder what the deal is? Maybe your kickstand isntadjusted right or something? Mine is ussualy easy.....I will say though put a big 2x6 or something under the kickstand if your going to leave it on grass or soft soil....I can see it becoming a pita if it sinks.

I did have one issue.....but I parked with the kickstand in a low spot......

Never parked on uneven side to side though so I duno?

I have loaded and unloaded with and without ballast....ussualy that was a pain with my fisher and other bladeds if you change ballast drasticly from were you took it off at.....

4. ed salvatore

ed salvatore Member
    from boston

thanks

Thanks for the replies. I had a problem when I parked on an incline, either going up or going down, in front of my gargae door, although somewhat slight. I think I'll try and block the stand to try and even off the incline. Hopefully, this will work because it's going into storage, parked on an incline up.
    Thanks Ed