1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Disappointment with Boss

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Broncslefty7, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Broncslefty7

Broncslefty7 Senior Member

i own 8 boss plows from skid steer blades to truck plows. i bought 2 new 9 ft straight blades last year. half way through the season both plows truck side 2 pin connectors split in half and broke down during a storm. i brought them both to the dealer the next day and they replaced the solenoids on both trucks..... had the same problem the next storm 2 days later. so i went to the dealer and bought two new truck side cables and installed them my self. when i cut open the origional cables from both trucks the prong on both 2 pin connectors had cracked. when i spoke to boss about this they said "make sure you keep your caps on when the plows are off"..... ****** response in my opinion. i bought these plows in november and by january, the motor for both of the plows where already severely corroded to the point where i needed to cut and re install every electrical connection in the plow side box. i was a boss fan for years never having a problem, until this year when i decided to buy more boss plows instead of switching to western or fisher. we take incredibly good care of our equipment, we have an employee that literally comes in when everyone is done to pressure wash every inch of each piece of equipment with a small electric washer. on top of the corrosion issues the "so called" "baked on finish on both plows is cracking and flaking off on the read of both of the plows. i would expect this to happen on the front but certainly not on the rear of the plows.

maybe i am just frustrated after a ****** reliability season with boss plows, has anyone else had issues with new boss purchases this year?

i already have 2 one year old bobcat boss plows listed for sale and would honestly like to get rid of my 2 9' f350 straight blades. i doubt fisher or western is much better but at this point its probly worth a shot.

Thanks, any feed back would be great.

2. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

I had issues with my DXT control/light plug connectors corroding inside the plug. I went through 2 plow side harnesses this winter.

No issues with the 2 straight blades. Time will tell if it was a good decision to go to Boss from the Western stuff we've run for several years.

3. Broncslefty7

yeah all my issues where truck side cables. very very annoying.

4. BOSS_JG

BOSS_JG Senior Member

Hello - We would like to work with you to further evaluate the issues that you are experiencing with your plow. Your message has been shared with the BOSS Customer Support team and a service case # has been assigned. We will private message you with that case number and ask that you please call our team for further assistance and resolution.

Thank you!

5. Broncslefty7

^^ Alright Thank you very much.

6. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

Customer service second to none. I don't think I'll ever own any other brand, unless Toro screws things up.