1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

disappointed in my heater

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by xtreem3d, Jan 11, 2008.

1. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

hi guys, i bought a used 763 that had factory heat but would keep blowing the fuse when fan was turned on. i had the bobcat dealer install new fan(s) and now they will turn on but the problem is IMO not very much air blowing out the vents. i called a couple buddies who run some T250's and they say thiers blows so hard they will need to turn down the fan and reduce the heat. my filters are clean..it' was my understanding that there are 2 fans that run the heat (and air) i would expect these fans to blow heat like a car does especially being that there are 2...are they plug and play or do they get re-wired, could the mechnic have one going backwards or maybe one isn't even running? the fans sound like they are howling pretty good so i can't imagine they don't blow harder....i have never had heat in a skid steer but hope it works better than this....any thoughts?

2. jeeps rule

jeeps rule Junior Member

Check that both fans are actually running and that they turn the correct direction (possibly wired backwards?). I assume these are squirrel cage fans, they will move air if they are spinning backwards, just not the same amount that they would if they were turning the correct direction. The othere thing that comes to mind would be to make sure that the air duct are not plugged or otherwise restricting airflow. Good luck.

3. xtreem3d

i did blow out the ducts w/ hi pressure air just to make sure nothing was blocking them, also blew out the heater core in case it was clogged w/ dirt or leaves ( one filter was completely missing) and air couldn't pass through.

4. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Bring it back to the dealer or at least call them. I'm sure you paid good money for them to install. I had a 99' 753 that would melt you out, same goes for the Cats now.

5. xtreem3d

it was about 500.00 for the work so i called when i got back to my shop ... they are closed today (sat) for inventory.....figures doesn't it :mad:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2008