1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Disabke anti theft

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 20Silverado05, Aug 7, 2010.

1. 20Silverado05

20Silverado05 Senior Member

Ok guys I got a 99 chevy cavalier for the demolition derby for free . No keys for the car but I took apart the back of the ignition and can turn the car over but only runs for a few seconds and then shuts off (anti theft system light flashing) obviously thats keeping the car from running but i need to disable it . anybody got ideas . or can anyone get a wiring diagram for the ignition.
  2. doug578

doug578 Junior Member
    from work

I believe you can leave the key turned on for 15 minutes and then start it.
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you do not have the original key you'll have to use a bypass module to fool the Passlock into believing it's in there. A bypass module is the same thing you use when installing a remote start since that's basically what you're doing....starting it without the key in place.

Here's an example: Passlock bypass module but any local stereo shop should have them in stock.
  4. 20Silverado05

20Silverado05 Senior Member

Thats what i was going to buy but it requires one key to program it
  5. bean7654

bean7654 Member

The one in the link above says no key required