1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

dis-mounting plow

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by 1 bad bolt, Apr 29, 2009.

1. 1 bad bolt

1 bad bolt Member

i have a 2005 chevy 1500 with a standard duty blade ,when i take the plow off and back away from the plow im pulling the plow with me, i have to mess with the stand height everytime and go on and off with the plow before i can get it to completly let loose . why or what would cause this to keep happing? i tryed taking the plow off in a couple of diff locations thinking maybe uneven ground but does it everywhere i try to take it off. thanks in advance chris

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Your not setting the jackstand high enough for the plow to clear the hooks on the mount during detach. Generally to get the correct hole in the jack you want to:

1) lower the plow to the ground.

2) Drop the jack until it's on the ground and then make a note of the NEXT HIGHEST hole in the jack leg.

3) Then raise the plow until you can lower the jack enough to catch that next highest hole.

What your trying to do is get the hole that will slightly lift the front of the truck when you lower the plow with the jack down. This allows enough height for the plow to clear the mount hooks when the tower is forward.

It'll come off clean every time then.

3. 09dieselguy

09dieselguy Senior Member

x2 perfect