1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dirty Windows (driver & passenger)

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PremierLand, Dec 4, 2007.

1. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Here is the delima, my chevys dont get dirty side windows as fast as my ford, and I dont understand why, both are the same plows, but the chevy has the rubber deflector on the plow. The ford gets dirty windows after my first account and I litterally either have to drive with both windows down and get all sorts of slush and water in the cab and be freezing, or get out and wipe them down after each account just so I can see out of my mirrors? Would adding the rubber deflector on the ford help solve this problem, or is there something I am missing here.

For the smart ace's: I know the windows will get dirty, however It litterally takes my chevy about 30 driveways before the side windows need to be wiped, and the ford only takes one driveway before the side windows need to be cleaned. Thanks.

2. WingPlow

WingPlow Senior Member

i would say its a good place to start

3. poncho62

poncho62 Senior Member

Do your tires stick out more on the Ford.......A pair of fender flares fixed this problem on my Blazer.

4. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

I have mud guards on the front, the back... well its a dulley and it has a dump body but the back does have mud flaps..

5. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

:drinkup:trade It In And Buy A New Chevy Lol Sorry Had To Say It ! Good Luck

6. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

My truck has a leaky heater core and sprays mist on the inside of my windshield through the defroster vents.... :cry:

7. jvm81

jvm81 Senior Member
    from Midwest

use rain ex - that has seemed to help us alot with dirt. can't say I have had this problem but then again I am runnen all chevy.

8. 6feetdeep

6feetdeep Senior Member

I was plowing at the sorority house today, and my 17 year old 'wing man' (sidewalk shoveler that rides with me), had his window steamed up pretty good watching the girls move their cars.:eek: I dont think it would have mattered if we were in a Ford or a Chevy.
    side note: Very poor efficiency at that stop, never seen anyone trip over his shovel so many times.

9. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

i have a ford and my windows dont seem to get dirty the windsheild dose thou but i guess thats y i should have stock in windsheild washer fluid.

10. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

You need a snow deflector for the plow and good size mud flaps for both front and rear tires. Do that and you should be good.

11. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Fixed the problem on a GMC I use to have as well.

I got a pair of the ones that have self tapping screws. After that the windows stayed clean almost the entire night depending on conditions.

12. MDSP

MDSP Member

96 chevy no problem
    02 ford wider tires no flares, big problem

snow deflector on both

13. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

I was going to say the same thing ! Lol
    sounds like a good reason to upgrade

14. L.I.Mike

L.I.Mike Senior Member

I rain x all my windows, If the driver or passenger windows get dirty I lower and raise it and its clean.

15. jokatico

jokatico Junior Member
    from Maine

The 1st winter I had my truck I got splashed by a vehicle heading in the other direction, when I stopped at the coffee shop I put down my window and heard the scratching noise from the sand/salt on the window. ugh:realmad:
    now I have scratches on the driver side window