1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dirty Truck with 810

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by IMAGE, Dec 22, 2007.

1. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

My Dirty 2500HD with 810

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

And a couple drives
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

The last picture looks as if the driveway was shoveled.

4. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

that truck is too long for drives you should be plowing footbal fields with that setup. lol.
    nice truck though.:D

5. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

nice truck how does the lettering hold up during one season ?

6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I guess your name is Steve. LOL Nice truck, white on white nice!

7. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Those are the cleanest driveways I have seen. Did you clean around that car by hand?

8. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Yes I did clean up the edge with the shovel. Customer is a PITA and emailed me today after being serviced and asked me to remove the built up compacted snow/ice from all the little storms we have had that were under my trigger. He had drove on the crap the whole time and had a solid inch of snow/ice.

Anyways I went back and spent 20 minutes breaking that crap up dropping the plow on it and going back and forth. Got most all of it once i was able to get under it. After breaking it up I touched it up with a shovel. BTW, we snow blow all sidewalks, and shovel the front steps on all our resi's.

When I got home from cleaning up his ice mess I sent him a reply email stating this one was on me, but in the future its $125/hr with 1/2 hour min. OR that he could allow me to apply salt as needed, at MY discrestion. Or we could change his contract to a "trace" instead of 2".

I'm hoping he goes with salt payup

9. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Next yr this will be a commercial lots only truck, but for now since I am just starting I needed something big enough to handle everything, towing, load, crew....etc. Next yr its either a jeep or a regcab and a back plow for resi's.

Oh yeah, got the truck for $13.5 --- 2005 2500HD LS, 85,000miles.

10. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I would be hoping he QUIT. I have no time for jerks like that. I don't mean to offend you but some people are anal. As I said above those are some of the best driveways I've seen.

11. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Thanks, I dont know yet. First day with it today :D. I will update if it falls off or not. It is a printed piece, not cut vinyl, so that should help.

12. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Well my laborer did :nod::nod:

Here he is on another drive
    [​IMG]

13. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Well, his checks clear. Actually he pays with paypal the same day usually. And he is a disabled vet, so I will try to keep him the season. I wont complain if he quits, but I will do try to keep him happy at least until the schedule is full enough to pick and choose clients.

Also, Thanks about the drives :drinkup::drinkup:

Last edited: Dec 22, 2007
  14. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I know starting out is hard. The good thing when you are starting is you have the time to please them. I am at a point where I stick to the contract or charge extra and I let them know it real fast. I was challanged on Thursday about a Housing place I have and they gave us printed maps. We will do the work but it will be more. Not a whole lot more but enough for them to think about calling next time.

15. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

I am hoping to always have time to make the customer happy, and charging them for it to:), by expanding with dedicated crews that know the quality of work I expect. I am still learning how to handle customer situations as they come up, and maybe I should of billed him for removing that ice. In the future with that same situation I will probally talk to them first about why the ice is there, the cost of thier options, and bill em payup. Oh well, live and learn I guess.

16. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

How did you figure that out?

:D:drinkup:

17. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

So the copying starts, Ive had my plows lettered with my phone number for 2 years now. lol. it looks good and atleast its a chevy

Last edited: Mar 7, 2009
  18. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

haha, I wasnt copying you dude. It's more like great minds think alike! :drinkup:

I like the way you went BIG with the lettering and #. Looks Good:salute:

19. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

haha, im just bustin your chops, were all family here anyway, minus repoman.

i should have pattened it, I know next year half the plow guys in my area will have that done to their plows. BTW; this is the beginning of the second year and both plows are still hold up to the abuse.

20. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

The lettering is a great idea. I would do it to mine, but I don't think it would last long on the poly!