1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dirt Driveway

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Deli_Guy, Nov 6, 2015.

1. Deli_Guy

Deli_Guy Junior Member

Any suggestions on how much to charge for a dirt access road for a cabin, about 1/2 mile long x 20 ft wide? I will be using my F250 with Blizzard straight blade. Plow snow only.
  2. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

I think we did a driveway about 1/4 mile long with a small turn around and we charged $60 (We wanted more as it was a PITA with drop offs on the sides into a swamp, but that was the highest our market let us go, we were the highest offer but had the best service.
  3. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

You've got a light duty plow on a three quarter ton truck? It's also too narrow for your truck. I think a dirt road will tear that plow up.
  4. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

If your plow is a 7 1/2. Its gonna take 6 passes to do it each time. I would charge 100.00. Here any drive is at least 40.00
  5. searay220

searay220 Member

Is $40 for a driveway for plowing it once or for the whole storm no matter how many times?
  6. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

Keep in mind we don't get the snow other areas do. If ya plow, ya charge. Most drives are hit end of storm, unless it's a major amount.
  7. Deli_Guy

Deli_Guy Junior Member

$100 sounds fair. As for the plow, I've plowed worse. Not a worry.
  8. Ramitt

Ramitt Senior Member

Really depends on the road... If its a nice grade and smooth road then its not too bad if its got a steep incline,rocks and drop off to the side then the price goes up...Also depends on your area... Some driveways I do for 40 where guys in other places do it for almost 2 times that

Here is the road I do its about 1/2mi and 12foot wide

Its a 100.00 plow at least too bad Its the road that goes to my cabin...so I cant charge lol
  9. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Wow you must slide down that entire thing!

Not gonna lie, looks like it would be fun to tube down
  10. Ramitt

Ramitt Senior Member

My truck never went up or down it then... We have a 2nd back road in and I chose that road... My buddy got a run at the bottom in his jeep(at night I mind you) and got about 3/4's of the way before his open diff said no.. We winched him to the top.. That was from it not being plowed but everyone driving on it then it melted and refroze... Never again! lol Its not a good tubing hill you would walk up it once and say heck with that lol