1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

DirecTV drops the Weather Channel?

Discussion in 'Weather' started by JimMarshall, Jan 20, 2014.

1. JimMarshall

JimMarshall Senior Member
    from NW PA

Is there anyone else in this industry that just simply does not give a damn? And wishes that TWC would start being about the weather again????????
  2. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

I have DirecTV and the loss of The Guesser Channel didn't bother me one bit
  3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

They did???
  4. JB1

JB1 Senior Member

There is so many places to get weather that I have not missed them.
  5. Wilnip

Wilnip Senior Member

Yes. WGAS. Accuweather is starting their own tv channel. Maybe it will have weather on it.
  6. JimMarshall

from NW PA

Hopefully. I was already tired of all their BS reality shows. Now that the entire broadcast is just one big PBS telethon against DirecTV I can't even stand to have it on to listen to it....
  7. Mark Oomkes

That would be great, if they were anything close to accurate. Which they're not.

The only thing I liked on TWC was the new episodes of Highway Thru Hell since they aren't airing it here in the states.
  8. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

I have both DTV and cable so Im good. I like Highway Thru Hell too, don't pay too much attn. to their weather forecasts though.
  9. Mark Oomkes

TWC does weather forecasts?

I am really missing out. Accuweather sucks and is anything but accurate. TWC does weather. I needs to pay more attention.

FISHERBOY Senior Member

its no surprise to me, ever since NBC bought the weather channel its gone down hill, agenda driven b.s. from the left, to say the least.
  11. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

See ya......
  12. JimMarshall

from NW PA

I agree. And it would be very nice to get accurate weather. I have 3 forecasts that I normally look at. Accuweather, TWC, and WeatherBug. None of them are ever consistent, and it is a constant guessing game of which one of the three is going to be accurate.
  13. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

I also only watched highway thru hell and have been missing that even though it is usually only reruns of the same couple episodes. As far as weather I get that elsewhere.
  14. Boomer123

Boomer123 Senior Member

I liked storm chasers but the fact the the Weather Channel had very little to do with weather was crazy.
    I guess it's like the TV Guide Channel that has no guide.
  15. tc21

tc21 Member

They did us a favor. The weather channel has gone the route of MTV. You can get accurate forecasts with less hype and bling than what they put out if you know where to go.