1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

direct mount tractor plows

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by andrewlawnrangr, Dec 31, 2010.

1. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

looking for ideas on tractor plows direct mount. 75-125 hp 4x4 machine commercial use straight blade or with wings. how many remotes would i need for a blade with wings.. 4?

thanks all

2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

You need 4 remotes for a snowing. Most guys use a loader joystick for raise, lower and and angle. Then 2 remotes for the left and right wings.
  3. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

thank you dave i was hoping that you could help me out ...i have a tractor already set up with a plow blade on the loader. but seeing the productivity i can see for next year ( happy new year btw) to but building one. now do they make mounts? aprox cost and what would u recccomend

happy new year :drinkup::drinkup::drinkup:
  4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Horst makes the best mount you can buy but we've built quite a few. You can check my album out for some idea's Snowings will work on a loader but it's hard to keep them at the proper height so the cutting edge is flat. Alot of guys around here do run them on farm loader with out problems though. Just need a good operator.
  5. fargotruckman

fargotruckman Member

if put a skid steer plate then you can run an angel blade