1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by columbiaplower, May 29, 2001.

1. columbiaplower

columbiaplower Senior Member

Is it just me or is our very own Dino a very famous? I think his biz is in the Snow and Ice section of the newest Lawn & Landscape Mag. Go goin' Dino

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Mentor, Angel
    from Chicago

I saw that too. Dino is big time now, one picture wasn't enough, they put in 3 of him. :)

Congrats Dino. ;)
  3. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

Hey DINO,CONGRATS. As always good reading.
  4. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

still wondering where my copy went? I bet my mailman is reading it. If I see him in a plow this winter I will know for sure.
  5. guido

guido PlowSite.com Veteran

Haven't seen it!

Haven't seen it either. I'm all the way in Germany so I can't cry about the timeliness of my mail to much! I'm lucky they even send it to me.

I'll have to keep my eye out for it though, another paisan from CT famous; who would have known!
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2001
  6. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

It very well may be the best work of fiction ever written.
  7. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

Hey... did you notice that next to one of your pics on the index page, it said Sam Granados, Integrated Striping?

8. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson Senior Member

You guys are right,Dino is famous.Finally recieved my copy of snow biz.

I think I know the real reason Dino isn't going to Denver,cause he doesn't want to get mobbed by all his new fans.:D

Well great article Dino and good luck to you.

Mike Nelson
  9. Evan528

Evan528 PlowSite.com Veteran

I noticed in the backround of one of the pictured of Dino that there is a ford ranger with a plow! I didnt relize a small truck like that can handle a plow! I only do residential snow removal.... most have 2 cars in the drive so using my f-250 ext cab for plowing is not a option but was wandering about using a smaller truck..... can a small truck like a ranger really dig in?
  10. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

You can put a plow on just about any truck/SUV, within reason of course. I don't think I'd run out and get a Kia Sportage to plow with.

Things to consider:

1. Can the front end of the truck handle the weight of the plow.
    2. Are you going to have enough truck to push the snow. (Weight/traction/power/4WD)
    3. How durable is the truck normally without the plow.

Just something to think about.

11. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

That Ranger in the pic actually replaced an older Ranger Dino had in the fleet. I think it's safe to say it can handle it....

Also, Alan here, runs 2 Chevy S/10's with 8' Sno Way'son them!

12. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

The original ranger was a 95 and we kept that till we bought the 99.
    We kept that till 99 and bought the new ranger. The front frame sections are different and they no longer make a frame kit for the 98+ Rangers. So we fabbed the 95 mount to fit the 99. The 95 had air bags for the front coils in the TIB front end, since the 99 uses Torsion A arms we installed load boosters. The 6.5' fisher blade that we bought wqas junk after 4 yrs of commercial use, so we cut down a ST-90 to 7' and installed that onto the MM head frame. The truck plows great and is awesome for driveways and narrow areas. However the tranny is weak, we put a new in at 38K, fortunately ford picked up most of the tab.
    We also installed load boosters in the rear to help with the Airflow tailgate sprerader.