1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dimming lights??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sempertrue, Dec 7, 2004.

1. sempertrue

sempertrue Junior Member

I have a 2002 f150 7700. Just put on a meyers 7.5 sd. at night, with hest on all lights dim when maneuvering plow. Is this a grounding problem, battery, or alt? anyone know. Thanks for suggestions
  2. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

Your lights are dimming from the high current the plow is pulling from the electrical system. what size battery do you have and how many amps does the alt put out? you may want to upgrade them. a plow pump motor will usually draw around 200 amps.(to my knowledge) i run a 1000cca battery and a 160amp alt im my truck. hope this helps
  3. Breck75

Breck75 Senior Member

I run a 800cca battery with my Boss 7 1/2 straight blade and my lights dim down when I am using my plow too. So make sure you go big on the battery and maybe even get a larger alternator. :bluebounc