1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dimming headlights

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by ramit, Dec 7, 2006.

1. ramit

ramit Junior Member

I have a 1999 Dodge 2500 with a 7.5 Western poy pro. Ever since i put it on 4 years ago i have had problems with the lights dimming when i activate the plow. I had the alternater checked it was fine. Installed 2 brand new batteries last year and it still does it. I contacted the dealer near me and he said to move the plow solenoid to the passenger side battery. I did and it still does it. Has or does anyone use a battery isolator and if so does it work. Thanks:confused:
  2. LINY Rob

LINY Rob Senior Member

its a huge draw on the system, learn to live with it as I dont recall ever seeing a truck who's lights did not dim a little.
  3. fatboy

fatboy Senior Member

I'd agree with learn to live with it! Been plowing for over 16 years and have yet to see lights not dim with an electric pump. xysport