1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dimmed my Dogg

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by brg, Mar 5, 2011.

1. brg

brg Member
    from Maine

As many people have posted on here, the light in the controller is very bright. I know a lot of people just covered it with tape, but I wanted it to look normal, I just didn't want it that bright.

So today I took the controller apart to see what I could do. It comes apart real easy with just two phillips screws. Once apart, I could see there was no changing the bulbs, as there are three very tiny but bright LEDs(?) soldered onto the circuit board. I decided the best thing to do would be to block some of the light. I took a piece of regular copier paper (about 1/2" x 1/2") and colored it green with a highlighter (my dash lights are green so i decided to match them). I then taped the paper to the back of the panel right behind the Snowdogg with clear tape. I put it back together, then waited for it to get dark. Now it glows green, and it is just the right brightness. You could use any color of course, or just use the paper without coloring it to keep it white.
  2. BMAN1

BMAN1 Member

Would a green sharpie to the back of that Dogg do the same thing?
  3. brg

brg Member
    from Maine

I bet it would. I just didn't have one, and the highlighter wouldn't stick to the plastic.
  4. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Those new ones are really bright. Mine is blue and not bad at all. Pretty neat fix though!