1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dim lights on western plow

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by hobby21, Jan 17, 2011.

1. hobby21

hobby21 Junior Member
    from Iowa

I have an 04 chevy 3/4 ton and recently mounted a western plow, all lights work properly except my drivers side dim on the truck, brites all work on truck and plow but when i turn lights to dim when plow is hooked up the dims dont work either, The control box that all the wire harness hook into under my hood, if i unplugged the connectors for the light and swap then around, then the dim on the pass. side dont work and the one on the drivers side does then, but still no dims if the plow is hooked up

2. MJay

MJay Member

Little confused: Are the front lights on truck working at same time as plow lights? Normally brites do not work on truck when plow attached with lights, only side lights/parking lights work on truck while plow attached.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2011
  3. hobby21

hobby21 Junior Member
    from Iowa

When I have the plow unhooked from my truck all the lights on the truck work except for the driversside dim, and when i hook on to the plow the brights work but the dims do not

4. MJay

MJay Member

Go through the schematic, check connections, and double/triple check ground.