1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dim lights on Midweight 2013 Chevy 1500

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by CK82, Oct 5, 2014.

1. CK82

CK82 Senior Member

Hey guys, I'm looking for a little assistance here. I have a one year old Western Midweight on a 2013 Chevy Silverado regular cab. We installed the plow in house, as well as have installed Blizzards and Western Wideout in the past with no issues. The midweight has dim lights, we've check wiring harness and ground.

What should we be looking for to get the headlights to shine bright like they should?! The brights I believe are quite bright if that makes any difference.

Thanks!

2. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

What kind or truck and what's the module number?

3. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Ck your headlight plug, might need to flip it A to B

4. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

Dim lights sounds like an IR drop (bad connection). Most configuration or flipped plugs result in dead lights. Is it truck lights or plow lights? My bet would be isolation module. We need to know what system it is. If it was new when installed I expect it's a two plug with three port ISO module. Tell us if i'am wrong.

5. CK82

CK82 Senior Member

The truck is a 2013 Chevy Silverado. The lights on the plow I am referring to. The brights work just fine. The low beams are really dim however. The plow is a Western Wideout, which was installed new. The ISO module is 3 port and the hookup plugs are 3 as well.

We flipped the light plug and there was then no light. We also tried an iso module with 3 ports as well previously with no luck.

6. mishnick

mishnick 2000 Club Member

A wide out with three plugs at the grill??? I don't believe they ever made one of those, wide-out was multiplex two plug from the beginning. Either way, the lights will be the same. Could be isolation module or the cable that plugs into port A on the module. That plug contains all the lights, head, signals and markers. The signals and markers share a common ground but the headlights each have a dedicated ground wire for each bulb so it won't be ground or bad pins, otherwise it would probably not effect both lamps. My money is on the isolation module but you appear to have tried a new one already???
    Here is a link to the schematics book, look on page 19 for the wide-out.
    http://library.westernplows.com/ddcommon/dd_pdf/pdfs/22373.07_110108_for_web.pdf
    Do you have an adapter with two relays connected a few inches from the isolation module? If so this could be defective. Some GMs with separate high and low beam bulbs have both high and low on when switched to high beam. This adapter ensures that only one plow headlight is on at any given time. The plow has H13 bulbs which have both high and low in one bulb. Both can't be on together or they burn up. If you have that it might be defective. The part number for this adapter is 28027-2 and is shown in the link above on page 8 and 9.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2014
  7. CK82

CK82 Senior Member

My apologies for the delay and mis-information. The plow is a Western Mid-weight. Three plug harness. I will check to see if there is an adapter with relays off the isolation module. I don't believe there is an adapter, however I am not certain.

Is there anything I can check for voltage drop, or anything along those lines?

Thank you