1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Dim headlight issue

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by Meezer, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Meezer

Meezer Senior Member
    from Indiana

During a the last event while plowing with my Hiniker 3800 C Plow, I noticed that the stock plow light on the passenger side is very dim on high & low beam. The turn signal works fine.

So today I decided upgrade the plow lights & also to try to fix the dim light issue.

I bought a new set of Hiniker Quad halogen lights & installed them. I turned the lights on & on the passenger side light is still dim. There are no visible loose or burnt wires & the plugs seem to be ok. Anyone have any ideas on what may be causing the light to be dim?

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Ck the grounds.

3. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

Yup, 99% likely it's the ground wires, maybe on truck, maybe on plow.

4. Meezer

Meezer Senior Member
    from Indiana

Update: It was a bad pin/ground on the truck side headlight harness. It's all good now & looking forward to the next pushpayup

5. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

good to hear, so did you have to replace truckside plug? or you able to fix it behind plug?

6. Meezer

Meezer Senior Member
    from Indiana

I replaced the truck side head light plug